Sunday 28 July 2013

Flying the {little} flags

Honestly I really do wonder just how much of a doughnut I can be at times!

We all have lists of things we want to make, or try our hand at, and sometimes we work through those lists.  Or probably like most people the list just gets longer, whether or not we actually manage to score things off it is a different matter!

Well one of the things of my (endless) list has been bunting.  I know right, it's not like it's the hardest thing in the world to make, but it's something I've never quite gotten round to trying out until last week.  I had been into my work the week before for a meeting (even on maternity leave!) about a motivation boosting event which was being organised and I found myself saying 'oooooh I'll make bunting'.  So after a week of procrastinating .... ehem thinking about it, I finally pulled out a range of green fabrics (that was my team's colour) and made bunting to help our theme of 'A Day at the Races'.

(apologies for the really rubbish photo)

The afternoon at work on Friday went quite well, it was a 'celebrating success' event and we all made the effort by getting dressed up.  So I was at work on Friday, while on maternity leave, wearing a dress and heels!  That is completely unheard of!!!  In a way it sort of started my mental preparations for returning to work in 4 weeks - eeekkk!!!


1 comment:

Second Chance Tan said...

Your bunting is brilliant...... and I love the thought of you at work in heels and a dress while on mat leave! (Bunting was the first thing I made when I first started teaching my self to sew - it was really satisfying) x